If you wish to place an order containing multiple items and/or animals, please contact us via the contact form or email Martina@insectopia.com.au to inquire about availability, combined postage and to place your order.
- Prices are exclusive of postage, packaging and handling. Please see under “Freight” for more information.
- Payment via PayPal or direct bank deposit is required before insects, goods or vouchers will be dispatched.
- Bank Transfer is our preferred method of payment. No fees on Bank Transfer. Please place your order via our contact form or email Martina@insectopia.com.au and we will provide you with details.
- PayPal payment are easy and safe. PayPal payments come however with a small $2 surcharge to cover PayPal fees. For PayPal purchases you can simply use one of the PayPal buttons. If you wish to purchase multiple items, please place your order via the contact form or email Martina@insectopia.com.au and we will provide you with details including combined shipping.
We guarantee that we only send healthy animals and that we pack animals with greatest care and experience. All parcels are ventilated and clearly marked as containing living animals. Orders arriving dead (DOA) are very rare and when they do happen, it is almost always because of high temperature at the destination or human error. To avoid this, someone needs to be at home upon delivery. The shipment cannot sit outside in the sun or heat. Even in mild temperatures, direct sun will kill. Also, if we send the animals to your workplace, you should let the department that accepts mail know that you are expecting live animals which have to be handed to you the day they arrive.
If you do experience problems with your new pet to acclimatize in its new home please contact us for advise straight away. We are always most happy to help and some small husbandry changes could mean the world for your new pet.
We send animals via Australia Post Express. To ensure that animals arrive before the weekend, animals are shipped Mondays and Tuesdays only. We can not be held responsible if for reasons that are out of our control (Australia Post mistake, office not handing down a parcel, forces of nature, nobody at home to accept the parcel…) animals arrive in your care after the weekend or in case you parcel is being left in the heat by Australia Post or mishandled/damaged otherwise.
I hope you do understand that we are not able to cover losses caused by Australia Post or irresponsible personnel.
Australia Post does unfortunately not provide any cover for items lost, damaged, misdirected, mishandled… It is however possible to purchase “Extra Cover” for $1.50 per $100 of your item’s value (or part thereof). If you wish to do so, please let us know. Please understand that we can not be held responsible for any losses due to reasons that are out of our control. In case of an incident Australia Post will require you to keep the packaging as proof.
We do not offer refunds for change of mind on animal orders that have already been shipped. Non-Living items can be returned in as new condition at the buyer’s expense. The refund applies to the item price only. I hope you do understand that we can not refund spend shipping fees.
If you would like to cancel an order that has not yet been shipped (for animals and/or non-living items alike) we will refund the total payment minus a small $5 cancellation fee.
About buying Insects
No animal shipments outside of Australia.
WA: Western Australia residents need to apply for a permit from their local authorities. Please email for the application form.
TAS : NO import permit required for:
- Xylotrupes gideon (Rhino beetle)
- Extatosoma tiaratum (Spiny)
- Macropanesthia rhinoceros (Giant Burrowing Cockroach)
TAS: If you wish to order animals other than these, please check the importation requirements with your local authorities before making a purchase. Please email us for the application form and send it to Biosecurity TAS. This may take up to 10 days for approval.